Mixed Media Paint Palette

Mixed Media is so much fun to do and the only rule in Mixed Media is: there are no rules :-) Use what you like and do what you love, make cards, ATC's, canvas, pimp bottles, MDF, old books, art journaling, anything goes in Mixed Media. If you’ve never tried it, I'd say just do it!


I used a Dutch Doobadoo MDF paint palette as the base for this piece and Dutch Doobadoo black gesso and Viva decor Inka Gold among other things.

Apply a layer of black gesso on MDF paint palette, lay some black thread on the wet gesso, go with a flat brush over it to stick the yarn to the palette.


Tip: You can speed up the drying between the layers with a heat tool, or let it air dry, it doesn’t  matter for the end result.


Apply some Modeling Paste from the Viva Decor Artline with the Andy Skinner Mixed Media stencil and a palette knife. After drying give it another coat of gesso.

Cut the Creative Expressions Elegant Lace Edger and the Corner, Border & Tag out of Joy!Krafts Black Kraft paper, I have three layers glued together for some more depth, I love this and do it a lot:-) Give this also a coat of black gesso.

Tip: Gesso is a primer and a good base for the next layers of colors.


After drying, I glued the die-cut parts with Tacky Glue, around I sprinkled seed beads and mini pearls, for the seedbeads I have applied some Tacky Glue and sprinkled them on and pressed a bit. The mini pearls, I sprinkled in some wet gesso.

To add some more details I used some buttons and gems from my own stash.


After drying, I also applied gesso on the new parts and let it dry again.



I then cut some Creative Expressions Perfect Peony flowers out of Joy!Crafts black Kraft Paper, I sprayed the flowers with water, then patted them dry and crunched them up. After drying, I have two flowers of the same size and one size smaller glued together.


In the largest flowers I have made a hole and put in some black stamens, the smallest flowers I made a heart with the Viva decor Perlen Black pen.



On the palette, I then brushed on some Viva decor Inka gold Türkis, Magenta and Champagner with a flat brush, making all the elements and structures come to life and stand out more.

 

Finally I glued the flowers on the palette and also colored them with Inka Gold to make everything come together

Below are a few more detail pictures to show all the layers and colors even better. 




Happy Crafting!
Gerry van der Velden

Geen opmerkingen