Just wanted to say Hi!

On a very hot day I got inspiration for this card with the cheerful Kool Kat stamp on a wakeboard, for an instant summery feeling. The Penny Black stamps  are really great to work with, even with the very fine detail they stamp perfectly from the first print.


I started with a double card Papicolor carnation white,out of cream I have cut a slightly smaller single card and I cut out a square in order to create a frame for the stamp.


I have cut “waves” out of Papicolor Azure and Turquoise with the Sizzix Scallop die, the first "wave" I glued behind the frame, the other waves I glued over the frame.
I cut strips out of Papicolor Hot Pink and Baby Pink to glue behind the sides and top of the frame, I distressed all the edges for a playful effect.


I stamped the Penny Black Kool cat stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
On the stamp I put a piece of paper and splashed a few drops around the picture for a playful water effect and that the background is not white.


I applied some glitter accents on the waves with Glitter Pen - Azurblau.



I colored the stamp with Faber Castell Pitt pastel pencils. What I like about these pencils, is that with one color you can create a beautiful gradient blended color with a stumper. To color this stamp I have used only 4 colors.


Then I glued the image behind the frame and then everything on the card, it has become really super cheerful :-)

Happy crafting!

Gerry van der Velden

Geen opmerkingen